Friday, August 17, 2007

Philosopher Phriday: Vol. VIII

Dear Philosopher,

I just have to have the latest movies on DVD before they hit the stores. There’s a Mexican lady who sells these dvds in the subway at 8th avenue. She brings her kids along to help her, and sometimes they have churros. I like churros. Where else can I get a $5 copy of the Simpsons movie AND a sweet rolled dough cinnamonny comestible delight? I guess my point is… is this morally indecent? Am I contributing to an underworld crime ring? If I alert the authorities to Marielena’s doings, am I sending her and her children to the flophouse? Does she rely on my purchase of that new Markie Mark j0int to send money home to Chihuahua? Please advise.

--Guilty Whitey
Dear GW,

I am at the end of my rope. I am nauseated by life; it is insipid, without salt and meaning. If I were hungrier than Pierrot I would not choose to eat the explanation people offer. One sticks a finger into the ground to smell what country one is in; I stick my finger into the world, it has no smell. Where am I? What does it mean to say: the world? What is the meaning of that word? Who tricked me into this whole thing and leaves me standing here? Who am I? How did I get into the world? Why was I not asked about it, why was I not informed of the rules and regulations but just thrust into the ranks as if I had been bought by a peddling shanghaier of human beings? How did I get involved in this big enterprise called actuality? Why should I be involved? Isn’t it a matter of choice? And if I am compelled to be involved, where is the manager? I have something to say about this. Is there no manager? To whom shall I make my complaint?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now Mer, this one is just too easily set up. With all the fingers and everything. And why is Kierkegaard such a fox????