Monday, August 27, 2007

Merlikethesea Monday

So yeah, it’s Monday, there is supposed to be some ridiculous bravado regarding mustaches today. But here is the thing…I really don’t like facial hair and Claire is out on holiday. So this is what you’re going to get…an actual, like ferreal update on my life that may give you some perspective on the ridiculous nature of my “blawgs”.

First of all, I am supposed to be “hitting the pavement hard” in search of a new job in this land of opportunity called America. However, after a week of constant house guests (love you guys) and the subsequent week of borderline Epstein-Barr, flu-like symptoms, the only thing that was accomplished was a half-arsed application in San Francisco. Though the thought of a city built on a hill with a temperate climate, bay breeze, and Irish bars galore as well as easy access to concerts at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley all sound brilliant…it is probably entirely unrealistic.

While in my sickly haze I also read Freakonomics and the first three Harry Potter books (again). My life can be so exciting sometimes.

This weekend, I am visiting the ole’ university/gentleman caller for some football game/tailgating action. Did anyone see the Princeton Review? WVU is back on top as the #1 party school, and our football team is ranked pre-season #3. Heck, that is something to be proud of (i guess), except that means even more New Jersey S-head McF-faces running around and traffic that moves slower than you can walk.


Also on the agenda is visiting the fam, which would be great if all that entailed was hanging out with my maniacal mer-miniature niece who reeks havoc wherever her ginger haired self happens to be (see above). But being as it may this will probably include all-of-the-following:

a) attempts at being guilt-tripped into church
b) being told that I am going to hell and/or
c) never going to find a suitable mate outside of a church function

It is just a little bit too much to bear. Maybe I will just skip out on it all together.
At least I am not living in my own personal sauna today. I hate summer.

1 comment:

C said...

nrrrrmmmmmmmnrrrrrammmmmm

vacay is NICE.

i forgot what i was gonna say. doh.