Monday, August 6, 2007

Mustache Monday: Vol. 11

Welcome to merlikethesea's first m.m. contribution.
Irish Author Edition
Sorry Oscar Wilde, you were clean shaven, but still aces in my heart!

" When I die Dublin will be written in my heart."
i feel ya James...Dublin rules. it is so much fun in fact that for a while my HLM and i referred to having a keeck arse time as "Dublin".

WB Yeats
teh man who forever owns my soul, and author of my favorite poem...
When You Are Old
When you are old and gray and full of sleep
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes once had, and of their shadows deep

How many love your moments of glad grace
And loved your beauty with love false or true
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you
And loved the sorrows of your changing face

And bending down beside the glowing bars
Murmur, a little sadly, how love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars

Last, but never least.
John Millington Synge.
Brilliant playright, ethnographer, and back up plan if William Butler rejects me in teh afterlife...for he stole my heart.

"If one could only teach the English how to talk,
and the Irish how to listen,
society would be quite civilized."

1 comment:

C said...

Yeats can bend down beside my glowing bar anytime! DEEEEYYMMM BOYEEEE!

well done, Mer.