Friday, November 9, 2007

Philosopher Phriday: Vol. XIII

Dear Philosopher:

I am in dire need of a change. I feel like my insides are going to burst through my body as if possessed by an alien life form. It could be the Yerba Mate or an overstimulated sex drive, but I don't think so. Unless something happens soon, I'm afraid that in the immortal words of Tupac Shakur, "It's check-out time" (figuratively speaking) and I haven't even seen "Into the Wild" yet!?! Is it more advisable to be morally or financially bankrupt?

Sojourner's Angst

peecture of adam smith is supposed to be here

Dear Sojourner:

Where a man would chuse rather to travel, than to live; Shall find more things to observe than desire, And more persons to esteem than to love. But the same Qualities and Dispositions do not value a private man and a State, nor make a Conversation agreeable, and a Government great...

Adam Smith

No comments: