Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Two for Tuesday: normal v. busted MER

The picture on the right doesn't quite capture the fantastic amount of orbital, nasal and zygomatic swelling that i've been rocking the last several days. In fact, i think it looks down right serene (that was the idea,what with the garden and budda behind me). besides the intese "fight" mode that i operated in the few hours following my accident (in which i maintained a strange level of clairty that i don't really recall now), it is my dedecution that straight nose mer would probably kick crooked nose mer's arse. i have been reduced to a jittery, small, frightened shell of myself from the extreme trauma of my "flight" down the stairs. i don't like being alone, and have taken to sleeping with pillows and blankets surrounding me, and having bizarre dreams that are downright terrifying.
i want my mommy.
overall, i am glad to have managed only to break my nose and fracture my eye socket in two places. i could have been left with a concussion or any manner of additional broken body parts. additionally, thank goodness i am young enough to learn the lesson "use the handrails when you walk down the stairs, even if they are gross and germ ridden" and "only princess diana never looked down as she walked down the stairs (God rest her soul), normal people don't do that."

No comments: