Friday, June 29, 2007

Philosopher Phriday: Vol. IV

Dear Philosopher,

My new roommate is too hot! He says he's straight, but my naughty parts don't care about that. I need a roommate to help with rent, but I'm afraid I'll do something inappropriate and scare him off. How can I convince him to have sex with me without scaring off next month's rent?

Randy for the Roommate


Dear RftR,
A man who is in a state of passion, fails to consider in particular what he knows in general, in so far as the passions hinder him from considering it. Now it hinders him in three ways. First, by way of distraction, as explained above. Secondly, by way of opposition, because a passion often inclines to something contrary to what man knows in general. Thirdly, by way of bodily transmutation, the result of which is that the reason is somehow fettered so as not to exercise its act freely; even as sleep or drunkenness, on account of some change wrought on the body, fetters the use of reason. That this takes place in the passions is evident from the fact that sometimes, when the passions are very intense, man loses the use of reason altogether: for many have gone out of their minds through excess of love or anger...

send all burning queries to
mer.de.clair@gmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is championship! can I do your roommate????

merlikethesea said...

dude, i don't have a roommate. but i am getting ready to have like multiple dudes for roommates. hit me up in like a month. i am going to do their friends. ha ha.

merlikethesea said...

Wait...does the author of this question have a roommate? either/or.